Wallace and Ella Moon moved from Jensen, Utah in the spring of 1954. Bob Bray & co. reality was the realtor that sold the property to the Moons. Ella’s first impression of the farm was that the house was ugly and the barnyard smelled bad. Wallace loved the knee deep alfalfa and all the water. The property consisted of 80 acres total; 40 acres to the west and 40 to the east. In 1968 the Moons sold 40 acres, and in 1975 they sold 20 more. Wallace was a carpenter. He worked at the Giltsonite plant also known as Gary Western. Ella was a creative housewife. She taught dance classes in the basement for many years. Wallace and Ella adopted seven children; Earl, Mary Joan, Mike, Nick, Anna, David and DiAnn. Wallace and Mike built the tree house. This was the first playhouse at the farm. DiAnn also wanted a playhouse, so one was built for her. That is how the idea for the Moon Farm buildings started. In 1965, David invited his kindergarten class to the farm for a field trip. At that time there were only three buildings and one horse to ride. After that, more schools started coming out to the farm for field trips. Every year thousands of school kids come out for their field trips. Moon Farm got its name from all the kids saying that they were going to Moon’s Farm. Ella wanted a new building built every year for the school kids to enjoy. Wallace, Ella and the family would help with the construction of all the different buildings at Moon Farm. Wallace retired in 1975 and Moon Farm Day Camp was started in 1976. A lot of the day camp kids helped with the building of Moon Farm. The camp ended in 2007. Moon Farm has been an important part of the community for the past 45 years.